OICA Secretary General Position Description
Position: OICA Secretary General
Supervisor: OICA president
Status: Full Time
The Secretary General acts as the champion for OICA’s members, specifically as the voice of the global auto industry that drives economic progress. The Secretary General leads the management team and is responsible for the day-to-day management of all OICA secretariat activities, and, in consultation with the OICA President, the management of OICA’s membership. There are five main areas of responsibilities which are detailed below: International Technical Legislation, Communications and Marketing, Motor Show Management, Statistics and Data Management, and General Management.
- Demonstrate extreme diplomacy as a global ambassador for the auto industry through engaging with global regulations and through the development of the secretariat. This includes:
- Serve as a dynamic ambassador for the global auto industry, foster positive relationships with external stakeholders, and enhance the industry’s reputation and promote its contributions by demonstrating the value OICA and its initiatives provide to both its members and society.
- Lead organization’s research agenda; develop and distribute position papers.
- Serve as organization spokesperson; respond to media inquiries, interview requests, draft and distribute communications with media and stakeholders.
- Represent OICA, including its positions at various international organizations (i.e. UNECE Inland Transport Committee, OECD, ITF Transport Forum, etc.).
- Build value through OICA accreditation by managing global motor shows for the Association. This includes:
- Maintenance of yearly motor show calendar.
- Gathering of info of various shows to include: date and place, visitors, exhibitors, etc., and publication on OICA web site.
- Secretariat of Exhibition and Selection Committees including but not limited to: preparation of agendas, running the meetings in coordination with the respective chairpersons, managing meeting minutes, and coordinating follow up actions.
- General Management of OICA’s day-to-day activities, to include:
- Development and follow-up of yearly budget.
- Review and processing of invoices, payment of salaries, and charges.
- Secretariat of OICA Council and General Assembly including preparation of agenda, working documents, meeting minutes, and follow up actions.
- Spearheading the international technical legislation for all vehicle categories. This includes but is not limited to:
- Managing all technical activities in coordination with the appropriate pilots and chairpersons.
- Follow-up and secretariat of OICA expert groups and of the OICA Technical Committee. This includes maintaining agendas, reports working documents, logistics, and studies.
- Representation of OICA at the UN Level in coordination with the appropriate chairpersons and pilots.
- Compiling and maintaining statistics, including a general overview of OICA data. This specifically includes study and verification of data provided by our members prior to publication.
- Providing general support to OICA’s members.
- Passion for the global auto industry.
- Good knowledge of United Nations functions and how regulations are developed as well as the administrative procedures that are used to develop new requirements.
- A good understanding of the regulatory procedures in other regions, especially EU and the US.
- Knowledge of and experience working with international technical legislation of vehicles (regulations developed under the UNECE framework), including: safety, environmental, and security for both light and heavy.
- Experience in communications, political and administrative engineering.
We are the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers and were founded in Paris in 1919. We are known as the “Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d’Automobiles”. Our members represent the global auto industry that drives economic progress and comprises 36 trade associations around the world. We conduct activities in the fields of technical affairs, communication, and industry statistics. Led by the Secretary General, the OICA team includes our Technical Director, two Deputy Technical Directors, and Administrative Support.
Interested in applying? Please send your application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org